Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Grobie inspired sketch

I took a course in comedic sketch writing this fall, which was interrupted by my cancer diagnosis.  During this course, I tried to write a funny sketch about what it is like to be a Josh Groban fan.

I found this process very frustrating.  It was so complicated and so much of it required months or years of observation to make sense.  I felt it would have been better suited for a feature length movie, rather than a 3-6 minute sketch.

I went through five drafts, where the instructor was encouraging me to exaggerate everything and focus on the conflicts.  The result is likely to offend everyone, but please remember that this is fiction, and intentionally exaggerated and intentionally ignoring things that wouldn't seem funny -- at least to my instructor.

Anyway, I'm still not happy with this, but I'm also not that willing to continue trying to re-write it, so I'm going to post it here.

If you want to see earlier drafts, please let me know.

-----------------

OK, I got a complaint, so I revised it.  Then found some typos and revised it again.


























No comments:

Post a Comment