Thursday, February 26, 2015

Josh already has more than enough for an album

I'm realizing that Josh already has much more than enough material for a new album.  Recently, there have been performances, I think all professional recorded of


  • "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on the televised "Teachers Rock"
  • "Non Penso A Te" from "La Dolce Vita"
  • "Cinema Paradiso" from "La Dolce Vita" with Renee Fleming & Joshua Bell
  • "Mi Mancherai" with Renee Fleming
  • "Move on" with Rufus Wainwright from Toronto's Luminato festival
  • "Someone Else's Story" from Toronto's Luminato Festival
  • "If I Loved You" with Rufus Wainright from Toronto's Luminato festival
  • "She's Always a Woman to Me," which I don't remember where he performed it
So far, as far as I know these have not been formally issued as audio recordings, so people who want to listen to them have to rely on bootleg recordings.  Personally, I would prefer to respect copyright if I can, but these are absolutely gorgeous performances -- all of them -- and they deserve to be properly distributed on legal .mp3.

In addition to these, there are a number of singles issued lately that should be grouped in one place

  • "Your Hideaway"
  • "The Mystery of Your Gift"
  • "Somewhere" with Barbara Streisand
  • "This Is All I Ask" with Tony Bennet
  • "Remember When It Rained" with Judith Hill
  • "Sous le ciel de Paris" with Placido Domingo (the sole one in this list that I'm not so fond of, tho I loved "La Tua Semplicita."
That's 14 songs, total -- more than enough for an album

I recognize that there may be issues with getting permission for this album, but surely that's only a question of sufficient payment.

To me this stuff would make a fabulous album.  Josh is issuing an album of Broadway songs.  Maybe it will include the ones from Toronto.  I certainly hope so, but probably not.  Rufus is really funny flirting with Josh.  Rufus, of course, is gay and Josh is not and plays a great straight man to Rufus's light hearted flirting.  This may be too risqué for some audiences, I suppose -- tho it's hardly explicit.  I personally think the flirting was well done.

Maybe at least the first list could be some kind of EP that Josh could issue to the fan club?  I don't know.  But it just seems so ridiculous that he's working so hard to get together an album, when there's already one there.

No comments:

Post a Comment