Monday, November 13, 2017

addenda #UpCloseandPersonal with @joshgroban

This is an addendum to http://straightarrow372.blogspot.com/2017/11/upcloseandpersonal-w-joshgroban-2nd-day.html

Normally, with my blog, I feel free to just edit stuff, when I have more thoughts or change my mind.  It occurs to me though that people who have already read the prior blogs might not go back and read the changes, so maybe it would be better to put more thoughts in a separate blog.

I'm thinking about all the people who had such a good time at this event, when I was more neutral.

I'm thinking that the fact that I'm a teetotaller might have had an influence on this.  Perhaps everyone else was pleasantly buzzed.  I didn't notice anyone drunk, but they were drinking.  I'm thinking of the words of one of Josh's songs from Comet "I feel a pleasant warmth in my body, a sentimental attachment to my fellow man."  Perhaps everyone else was feeling that.

Also, I should say that the corridors included a gallery of very nice Josh photos from his new book, enlarged and lit up.  I did get to do some networking there, which was nice -- also they had popcorn, while we were waiting for dinner -- so being made to wait in the corridors when they were fixing up the room for dinner wasn't an unmitigated evil.

I'm thinking, in retrospect, that I should have made more effort to be seated with the people I knew from the Josh Groban fan club. I definitely knew some people there.  In fact there were quite a few of us who knew each other and some of them were seated together, but I didn't make seating requests.  I just made a request not to get the foods that I'm allergic/sensitive to, so I got seated at the allergy table, which was nice, but possibly not as nice as sitting with the people I knew.

This was definitely an event where networking with other Grobies was a big deal -- not so much that we would really see Josh all that much.  Our seeing him was pretty limited: the book signing and the concert.

Also I guess the fact that my cancer has recurred and this was supposed to be my last big fling before surgery and chemo put a lot of expectations on the thing that couldn't really be fulfilled.  Also, as I mentioned before, I had these big blisters on my feet and they were hurting, and we had to stand a lot.

So, obviously, a lot of people were thrilled about this event.  Still I heard others complaining of some of the things that I complained of in my prior blog, so I know that I was not alone.

I would say that my favorite part was the media review on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment