Sunday, August 11, 2013

"When you say you love me..."

So Josh says he's going to bring back "When You Say You Love Me," which he sang directly in to Gayle King's face way back when. She may be the only person who Josh has sung directly into the face of. He claims he does not do it with girlfriends. Gayle's probably eternally bound to him from it.

It's interesting that he very seldom sings directly to the audience "I love you." He will sing about love or about people who are in love, but not this direct to the audience thing.

Now this brings back my thoughts in my previous blog about whether a crooner singing to the audience is actually engaged in a mating call, like a bird. 


I was walking through the woods today and actually heard a Hermit Thrush, btw. If you have never heard this bird, you have not lived.

When I look at my own life: 56 years old, divorced for 8 years, no one on the horizon, wondering if I have lost the ability to fall in love, increasingly dubious that Prince Charming is ever coming by; I have to think that having a handsome young man singing to me from the stage is probably the closest I'm likely to get.

But I wonder what it does to me, as I blogged about before, to have this sexy fellow, with the too tight pants, highlighting you know what, singing "I love you" at me. Is it hazardous to my mental health?

Can I just say "No?" Should I be tied to the mast, like Ulysses?

Still I can't say I am sorry. I haven't heard him sing his song live, and it's clearly one of the most powerful ones he's done.

Sort of like jumping off a cliff. "Here I come, Josh. Do your darndest and let the chips fall where they may."

No comments:

Post a Comment