Sunday, September 15, 2013

Waving from the Hudson

OK, so yesterday Josh Groban said he was going to fly over the Hudson.  He's taking flying lessons.  He asked people to wave at him.

I live near the Hudson, walking distance.  I decided to go down there and look for him.  Of course, I had no clue when he was going to be there, if he even got this far north.

So I sent him a bunch of tweets while I was down there.  This is sort of like when I went to Malibu and tweeted him while he was traveling to Colorado.  If you've been following this blog, you might have read that below, under "Lost Blog."  One of those kind of stupid things.

Anyway, I thought I'd make a record of my little travel log, for those of you who might be curious about the area of the Hudson north of New York City that Josh might or might not have been flying over.  

Anyone who might have known the area just north of the Tappan Zee Bridge before, you should be aware that it is changing a lot -- getting spiffed up.

Also, I note that a couple of those tweets were not actually addressed to him, so he wouldn't have seen them, so I guess if he reads this he will see them.

This is in reverse chronological order, just as if you were reading my twitter time line.  In other words, for the tweets, go to the bottom and read upwards.  The links at the very bottom you can read last.


error in this one, the train station and village hall are east of the park:











 









Here's a video about the Minnesota bridge collapse


Idaho bridge collapse


This is what we've been fearing for the Tappan Zee Bridge.  I've been living near this bridge since 1986 and they've been talking about replacing it that entire time.  I'm glad they're finally working on it, tho it makes small boating hard.

Here's an article about the bridge construction and how it's making it hard for small boats


Here's a lovely picture of the bear Mountain Bridge, that I was recommending that Josh fly up to


No comments:

Post a Comment