Monday, February 8, 2016

being obsessed with @joshgroban makes me a successful tweeter, apparently

Sort of in shock.  Twitter & blogger just gave me all this data -- see below  People are actually reading what I'm writing on here. I mean I know this blog has over 23k page views -- but 1.5k impressions per day on twitter???  Phew!

Of course, they want me to pay to post ads.... as if this were a business.

Wow.

Now, I came on twitter, because I was obsessed with Josh Groban, and I wanted to be able to tweet him.  I also had this idea about my quixotic quest for the world anthem: more here Blog about the Quixotic Quest for the World Anthem

 I was really embarrassed about being so obsessed with a celebrity.  I thought this was an example of some kind of character defect on my part.

Of course, what I found out when I started coming here is that a lot of people are obsessed with celebrities.  I should know better than to think I'm terminally unique.

But I also have 2 real name twitter accounts, which I really am thinking of as being for business, and they don't get nearly as much attention as this account does.  The posts I put on those other accounts are much drier -- in keeping with my idea of being business-like and professional.

What I'm learning about from this, which I feel I should have known, but didn't, is that play is better business practice than being "business-like" or "professional."

This is not what my very strict, conservative German Jewish immigrant father taught me.  He was a very straight laced fellow, indeed.  I'm sure he would be disapproving of this whole account and this whole blog.

I recently saw a FB meme on this topic FB meme about how people know about celebs but not public affairs/history  I posted it on my real name timeline.  My friends and I all clucked with disapproval about it.

But the truth is that if one wants to understand how to make friends and influence people one has to understand and master this phenomenon.  My Aspie brain is straining to get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment