Thursday, May 2, 2013

declining record sales

Now another discussion that happened yesterday was about Josh's declining record sales.

I had this discussion with @ginger1898

First she noted my tweet about All That Echoes being down to #70 from #63 as of 5/4/13.  She asked me why this was happening, why weren't the records doing as well as the prior ones.

I responded with this twitlonger


However, three twitter users: @ginger1898, @JGCornerPub, and @Claramusician added that they felt that Josh's personality has changed in a negative way.  Clara, in particular, felt that Josh was dissing his core fan base: Christians and older people.

I have commented before in this blog on my perception that Josh discriminates against older women.


I received a comment several days ago from @BrainyRedhead, expressing dismay at the use of beautiful young women in the front row (presumably of the "I Believe" music video) as being exploitive.

This is something Josh should consider.

Addendum 6/30/13
------------------------
Several twitter convos recently about the role of Josh's Groban's participation in off-color humor as a factor in alienating the core fan base, which is more conservative.

Addendum 8/26/13
===============
Those of us who follow Josh rumors can hardly fail to have noticed the rumors that Josh has become promiscuous.  I have no clue if these rumors are true or not.  Certainly, he does seem more sophisticated and less innocent than he seemed before, which is only natural given that he's older.  Still, if the rumors were true, that might take the edge off of his singing, particularly of love songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment